Introduction to Chocolate
A full day course, this is an in-depth look at working with chocolate.
On this day course you will learn:
- A background to chocolate, it’s properties and what forms its texture and taste,
- The theory behind tempering/pre-crystallisation,
- Easy and quick methods of tempering chocolate,
- How to test if chocolate is in temper before doing anything with it and troubleshoot if it’s not.
- Using moulds to make chocolates,
- Making and tempering ganaches,
- Dipping and finishing truffles.
Please note we require the class to be full (4 persons) for it to proceed. At times sessions may need to be rescheduled.
Please also note that lunch is not provided.